Ivan Ng
6th January 1989
Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts
The Philharmonic Winds
Singapore National Youth Orchestra
Tagboard
Saturday, February 26, 2005
The Last Time I'll Raise My Baton...
Hi Everyone, I just got back from Parkway Parade... Dead tired again... Anyways, tommorow will be the last public performance I'll be conducting... Marine Parade Chinese New Year Block Party... Yea... 6.30pm... Hope everything goes well... Wonder who will come... Hmmm... Well, on a more personal note, there is this person i would really want to thank for making such a big impression on me... We just don't seem to get a chance to meet... To that special person, I would like to say that you have done more than you can imagine for me and I am eternally grateful for that... I hope to be able to see you soon... Today's test were rather scary... Not that they were hard, but it's either i do very well or very badly... Chances are, I'll do very badly... Louis is really getting on my nerves now, he has yet to realise that what he chooses to do has effects on other people, whether negative or positive (mostly negative). He truly doesn't know where to draw the line... Took a dumb "Pooh" personality test and this was the result...
Clarinet Tip #06: Devote practice time specifically to learning to play in tune. Most people do not play in tune naturally. Most instruments do not play in tune by themselves--we have to play them in tune. And, like all things, we have to learn how to do it. Spend some practice time every day specifically learning to play in tune.