The Haze...
Dear all,
So it's been awhile since I blogged... More precisely, since I started school... And well, A WHOLE LOT has happened... For starters, I gave my debut solo performance! On the 30th of August I performed Weber's Concertino for Clarinet at the Lee Foundation Theatre in school... Woah... What an experience... Even though only half the hall was full... Haha...
The next major thing tat happened was the exams that ended not long ago... Sigh... Don't think that went too well... Except for the practical... There's some light there... Check this out.... One of my history exam questions, "Compare Bach's Brandenburg Concerto No.5 and Vivaldi's concerto from L'estro Armonico in terms of form, ritornello & concertino sections, methods of creating musical unity, contrast of texture and timbre and contrapuntal style"... When I initially read the question a few weeks earlier, my eyes protruded so far out of my sockets that I couldn't practise properly for hours...
So now that the horrific exams are over, my vacation starts, and I now find my self at Macdonald's... At 11.47pm... Making use of their free internet to blog... With the haze out there, one can't help but to feel a tinge bit gloomy...
Sitting next to someone who swears compulsively,
Squiggles