Profile

Ivan Ng
6th January 1989
Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts
The Philharmonic Winds
Singapore National Youth Orchestra

 

Tagboard

 

Thursday, January 03, 2008

The Almighty Smoking Pot

Okay, let me explain what happened today (or rather, yesterday, if you are so picky about the time like I am)... I went to get lunch at the market near school... I took the usual route, passing the temples as my legs carried me to where the glorious food was... This time, something, or rather, someONE made me stop dead in my tracks...

But first, you have to know what the smoking p
ot is... Haha... In front of the Indian temple, there's this altar where some sort of religious incense burns... Devotees would normally gently brush their hands over the smoke for good luck or whatever you want to believe it gives...

So check this out... Today i saw this uncle... At the Almighty Pot... He could have just did what everyone would have done... Brush over the smoke... But why stop there? Uncles of course have to conform to the "Universal Rulebook of Kiasu Uncles" to deserve the title of "Uncle"... So.... He sneakily took out a cheque book... And started dipping it into the smoke! "Please bless my cheque book with more paper... Please please... More paper... Please please..."

Seriously that made my day... If I had a chance to get a go at the Almighty Pot, I would ask for a good life... But it seems that certain people want "more" which is in fact, LESS... To the uncle, I hope at the embarrassment (if you even felt it) was worth it... Otherwise, there's always lottery...

Feeling thankful for my life,
Ivan

Squiggles boxed the green apple at 12:55 AM